Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Post

This year's election was interesting and where I watched it was too. So I had the day off and was planning on watching it at home with my family but I was called into work and was really needed so I said I would go. Luckily we have a tv there and our manager turned on the tv and let us all watch together. Now I work in a fast food place so it was interesting having all these customers come in and voice their opinions too as they would watch with us too while waiting on their food.

It was pretty funny experience because you would have people yelling and chanting in the dining room and coming through the drive-thru. Then when the electoral votes became closer when Obama finally got California I remembered the tv lost signal. Me and all my co-workers began screaming asking what happened to the tv. We finally got it back to running it was something with the cord and we seen that Obama was already at the 270 mark on electoral votes.

I must say this was my first time being very into the election and feeling a part of it so it was fairly new to me. But I knew who I wanted to win and I had actual reasons not like in the past when I would just talk without knowing. Seeing Obama reelected mad everyone in my job and me so relieved and happy. It was a great time watching the election at my job.

2 comments:

  1. it was pretty awesome that you got to watch the election while being around people.. i wish i had the same opportunity. its also cool how the costumers were giving their opinions on what was going on on the television too! seems like you had fun and learned a lot about the country at the same time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can connect with you when you say that you were actually into the election. I felt the same way in regards to feeling like I actually understood a lot more about each candidates position in certain issues throughout the Presidential campaign and finally through out the reelection of President Barack Obama.
    I was not able to watch the election outside of my house but I definitely plan to do so next time...seems like a good time.

    ReplyDelete