Sunday, October 14, 2012

Talking point #7 Kimmel



What Are Little Boys Made Of? by Michael Kimmel
Hyperlinks

This article was actually interesting to me as I started reading. I've never heard of anything like a "boy crisis" or any of this. This was all first time material to me. We live in a country where men are at an advantage as we all seen from the scwamp exercise but yet the boys are in the crisis? I guess now I can see with all the feminist movements and all that around but I still don't see where boys are becoming depressed fits in.

I found an article that I found related perfectly with Kimmel. The article basically talks about the crisis a bit and talks about it coming back. The image I put below made me laugh because in the article it talks about testosterone being a problem. It calls it magical and how it's the reason why boys are so aggressive and risk taking. It's all because of all the attention on feminism they say we have all forgot about boys. In other words it's like putting them on the backburner.



2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you connected the piece by Kimmel to the article in the Washington Post. That was a great way to back up the evidence to what Kimmel was saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you connect the boy crisis to scwaamo exercise we did in class. It's hard to believe they're in crisis when they control so much of our society. I really like your last picture too.

    ReplyDelete