Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House

Connection from Lorde to Rich

Although Richs article was a lot longer than Lorde's I still found this connection between the two. Even in Lorde's piece she relates to Rich. They both pointed out the struggle of being a lesbian in today's society. I think it was also good how Lorde pointed out that it doesn't even matter if you are educated. It's still a struggle out there on trying to break the cycle. They both have strong stances on wanting to crack this taboo in today's society. I think when Lorde states it's learning how to stand alone is the tool is very powerful. Because it's the truth, many have the fear of standing alone as Rich says. We all have differences between us and instead of using that to make us stronger we take that into a negative manner.

Questions/Comments/ Points to Share
I just thought it was good back to back readings that really had a good connection between them. It made me keep Rich's article in my mind I even went back to read it to make sure my points were correct. It made the article fresh and made me go deeper into Lorde's piece aswell.

1 comment:

  1. I too agreed that Rich and Lorde had a few similarities, especially the sexual orientation part. They both agreed that women are divided by these categories, and are not united. How can a house divided amongst itself stand like a rock? Women need to forget the bias, come together to break down the divide, and fight for the common goal the oppression of women. I think that would happen only in a perfect world, and the world we live in is far from perfect.

    ReplyDelete