Monday, October 22, 2012

Talking Point #8 Cinderella Ate My daughter

This blog I choose to do an extended comments on Nancy's blog. I thought this blog was a good one to do an extended comments on for the reasons on really being able to relate to certain peoples blogs. I really liked where she was coming from and could relate almost perfectly with. When I grew up I was never too into the Disney Princesses. I myself grew up with two brothers. I can see where Nancy comes from on not being able to relate to certain princesses for physical differences and I think that's why I never got to attached to them as well.

I love the topic of the princess phase because although I did not undergo it I have witnessed it time and time again. It is so true on how little girls and even some boys trying to be prince charming or even playing with dolls get so caught up in that fantasy. It even goes into are own media like shows such as toddlers and tiaras. Like those innocent toddlers are getting there eye brows wax and nails done that is just so crazy.


1 comment:

  1. the princess concept is good but bad at the same time. I think it teaches boys that girls are princesses but at the same time that is not what we want to teach.

    ReplyDelete